Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Joss Whedon Had The Avengers 2 Story Idea Before The Avengers


Joss Whedon reveals he had an idea for The Avengers 2 before working on Marvel's The Avengers

Marvel's The Avengers director Joss Whedon revealed during a recent interview that he actually had an idea regarding the story for The Avengers 2 before he even started working on Marvel's The Avengers.

"I didn't think I was going to do the second one, but I had an idea for it, before I figured out the first one. I've seen plenty of movies that are the first part of a trilogy that never happened, and it's terrible. You don't save anything for the trip back. Having said that, though, I did sort of know, if they were going to come back, I know what's going to happen."

When asked how excited he was for the fans to see the upcoming Marvel Phase Two movies, such as next month's Iron Man 3, the director said he has been "behind the curtain" on all of them.

"I'm really excited. I've gotten to see everything. I've been behind the curtain on all this stuff, and (producer) Kevin Feige has a really clear vision, and it runs through all these movies. They really are what the next story should be. I'm actually consulting for Marvel in general, and some of that is protecting myself, but most of it is trying to make sure everything is as good as it can be.

He also revealed when The Avengers 2 begins production.

"We start shooting in February."

Marvel's The Avengers was released May 4th, 2012 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Clark Gregg. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

The Avengers 2 comes to theaters May 1st, 2015 and stars Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Mark Ruffalo. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

No comments:

Post a Comment