Saturday, May 24, 2014

Don Johnson and David Gordon Green Reunite for Football Drama 'Score'


Don Johnson is teaming up with director David Gordon Green, who both worked together on the HBO series Eastbound & Down, for a college football drama entitled Score. The actor wrote the script himself and will play an unconventional college football coach who recruits criminals to play on his team, with David Gordon Green attached to direct.

Here's what Don Johnson had to say about the project in a new interview with Grantland, where he revealed that he wants to get independent financing for the project outside of the studio system.

"I've actually written something that [Eastbound codirector] David Gordon Green is attached to direct. I'm gonna do it for streaming. It's called Score and it's set in the '80s, and it's about the rise of big-time college football. I play this outrageous fucking coach who breaks all the rules and recruits basically criminals and everybody else and shoots the finger [extends middle finger in my direction] to the NCAA. I wrote it in October and I wanna get it financed completely so I can go to the marketplace without layers and layers of executives and bureaucrats. In my mind if you're not bringing something to the dance, but you're taking a big chunk of the cash, I got no room for you."

When asked if if he has been writing a lot lately, Don Johnson revealed he also wrote another movie for his From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series creator Robert Rodriguez.

"I got into a thing four or five months ago when it was just pouring out of me. I'm doing a thing with Robert Rodriguez that I wrote. It's about a guy who essentially becomes the Terminator in the 21st century. He's an NSA experiment that's gone terribly wrong. They've injected him with nanorobots to give him the computing power and destructive abilities of Deep Blue. And with all that power, he goes off the fuckin' grid. And I'm an ex-NSA operative who went crazy in the Balkans, and they come get me out of the loony bin to get this guy."

David Gordon Green most recently directed the indie drama Joe starring Nicolas Cage, and he is in post-production on Manglehorn. Don Johnson starred in the hit comedy The Other Woman and Cold in July, which opens in theaters today, May 23.

Are you in need of dvd movies new releases be certain to go to

No comments:

Post a Comment