Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Latest News: Carrie Fisher Talks Reprising Princess Leia for 'Star Wars 7'


Carrie Fisher was confirmed to return as Princess Leia in Star Wars: Episode VII back in April, along with her original Star Wars trilogy cast members Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Harrison Ford (Han Solo), although we have very few confirmed details about how they fit into this new storyline, set 30 years after Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. The actress made an appearance at the Hay Festival in Wales over the holiday weekend, where she revealed that she wants to get Princess Leia "right" this time around, especially regarding her fake British accent.

"We are doing it over again so I can get Princess Leia right this time. I think less British. I looked a little pretentious faking the accent. It was sort of a viral accent - it came and went."

Her British accent was certainly prevalent in 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, but it became non-existent in the sequels Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. The actress also talked about reuniting with Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford for the table read, saying they all looked "melted."

"We all look a little melted. It's good to see other melted people. And it is good to have us all in a room because it's unique. I mean, I don't suppose they have reunions for the Gone With the Wind gang."

The actress also reminisced about the early days of the franchise, revealing that she would have much rather played Han Solo because of his sardonic wit.

"I would rather have played Han Solo. When I first read the script I thought that's the part to be, always wry and sardonic. He's always that. I feel like a lot of the time Leia's either worried or pissed or, thank God, sort of snarky. But I'm much more worried and pissed than Han Solo ever was, and those aren't fun things to play."

While she wouldn't spill any details about Star Wars: Episode VII, the actress did tease that she wanted the filmmakers to give her that iconic hairstyle again, only grey.

"I would get in trouble no matter how I answer that question. That hairdo can never really be repeated without gales of laughter. I've begged them to put the hair back on in grey and just catch me cooking with the hair, like Granny Leia."

She also talked about her favorite moment in the original trilogy, when she got to kill Jabba the Hut in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.

"I had a lot of fun killing Jabba the Hutt. They asked me on the day if I wanted to have a stunt double kill Jabba. No! That's the best time I ever had as an actor. And the only reason to go into acting is if you can kill a giant monster."

When asked if she still has the gold bikini from Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, the actress had this to say.

"Why would I keep a stupid outfit like that, so that years later I could say to you I have it? No, I wear it on special occasions. I've got it on underneath this. I wear it always, for luck."

Star Wars: Episode VII comes to theaters December 18th, 2015 and stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac. The film is directed by J.J. Abrams.

Do you want movies on dvd be sure and visit Estonish comparison shopping site.

No comments:

Post a Comment